(moving thread to meego-architecture)

On 05/02/2011 04:53 PM, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
On 5/2/2011 5:39 AM, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
Hi all,
what is the current state of MSSF manifest files in MeeGo?

the current state is that MSSF is not part of, or integrated into, MeeGo... and
won't be.

Mmm... but I think we all agree that a security framework is needed. What will it be, then?

In your mail from March 7th, you announced that the long term focus for the MeeGo security would be end-user privacy. To me, that also means having the means for a process which "owns" some of the user data to establish the identity of another process which requests access to the said data. IMHO, this is something that MSSF is doing very well in Harmattan, so I hope that this possibility will also come to MeeGo.

Without this, you basically cannot give different access rights to applications which are coming from a trusted origin (such as the device manufacturer or an approved application store) and applications coming from the community.

Ciao,
  Alberto

--
http://blog.mardy.it <-- geek in un lingua international!