Hello!

For those wondering: I encouraged Chris to CC meego-dev so that others
are kept abreast of what is going on in the QtContacts-EDS project. I
like that the Acccounts&SSO and Dialer teams do their patch reviewing in
public.

Chris and I considered gitorious merge requests, but I found the work
flow a bit cumbersome and it in particular, it didn't integrate with
email.

On Do, 2011-05-05 at 19:16 +0100, Dumez, Christophe wrote:
> Please find attached the following patches for QtContacts-EDS engine:
>
> #0012: Update QContactEbookEngine::hasFeature() to report that selfContact is
> supported (since it was implemented recently)

Merged.

> #0016: An fixed version of my initial patch for making QContactEbookEngine
> thread-safe

As discussed elsewhere, thread safety with QtMobility is not guaranteed
even for core in all cases. Connie, Ben, does the MeeGo UX use multiple
threads and/or which of them use QtContacts?

Chris, I haven't looked at the asynchronous request queue. You mentioned
that QContactEBook::m_cbSD is never going to be used twice in parallel
because there is only ever one pending asynchronous request - did I get
this right?

We should add TODO items for:
      * write a stress test for many parallel asynchronous requests
      * remove this limitation after the initial release

Connie, Ben, how important is this for performance in the MeeGo UX?

Anyway, patch merged.

> #0017: Fix support for "detail exists" filters (value can be empty)

Merged.

> #0018: Convert the edspropertymatching and filteringtest test programs into
> actual unit tests and tweak the project file so that "make check" runs the
> tests

Merged.

However, running the tests currently fails for me:

(process:18914): libebook-WARNING **: unknown field name `full-name'
FAIL!  : FilteringTest::contactFilteringTest() 'ret.size() == 1'
returned FALSE. (Incorrect number of matches: 0)
   Loc: [ut_filtering/filteringtest.cpp(52)]

# ldd bin/tests | grep libebook
libebook-1.2.so.10 => /usr/lib/libebook-1.2.so.10 (0xf76c9000)
# rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libebook-1.2.so.10
evolution-data-server-2.32.1-4.1.i586

> #0019: Remove "CONFIG+=ordered" from the project file (not needed and prevent
> parallel compilation)

Merged.

> #0020: Add unit test for contacts addition/change/deletion emitted by the
> manager (required patch #0018)

Merged.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly