Hi Andrew,

the symptoms you describe are exactly the ones I have.
- Red LED
- Fan starts as soon as powered on

I took the ExoPC of a friend and can't reproduce the fan-problem there.
I've compared BIOS-Versions and they are the same on both ExoPCs.

As reference both are:
Core Version: 4.6.4.0
Bios Version: Lucid-CE-0133
EC   Version: 000918

On the back both have the same Model No.
EXOPG06411

Anyways, this seems not to be software related so let's hope there will
be a different way to fix it. If you hear anything, please let me know.

Cheers,
Conny