Totally agree with you. I care about how to integrate it to MeeGo and what
it can help MeeGo.
It's accepted to add wayland to MeeGo 1.3. To make wayland more like a
product than a toy in 1.3, we need to a schedule. Before October, it's easy
to add new package;then fixes only. Let's evaluate the todo list and
resource here to meet the plan.
There is no clear plan, ehh, is it driven by developers other than PMs? :)
I should be able to work for it from Aug.

-Xinyun

在 2011-6-20 上午3:15,"Tiago Vignatti" <tiago.vigna...@linux.intel.com>写道:

> Hi,
>

> On 06/17/2011 06:31 PM, Carsten Munk wrote:
>>

>> One of the things we're trying to achieve in 1.3 is Wayland support,
>> but there seems to be very little documented on actual plans/tasks to
>> be done and not high transparency on what's being done currently. So
>> how do we change this? -  we need to get all the effort pushed into
>> this as we can and ideally not do too much duplicate work :). I've
>> taken a liking to Wayland in MeeGo and am trying to contribute what I
>> can, myself.
>>
>> I'm wondering if we should decide on a place to meet about MeeGo&
>> Wayland (#wayland on irc.freenode.net?) and perhaps have a
>> synchronization meeting on efforts regularly - what do you think? Set
>> up a wiki page on wiki.meego.com etc.
>

> We have to be wise here and really try to separate what is MeeGo only,
because most of the work will be shared anyway with other consumers, so we
should be discussing on its own community (#wayland, ml, etc).

> For MeeGo, I think what you and Thiago said is quite correct, so we
basically have to break Qt in some point for stabilization and start the
packaging work. In fact, we're doing exactly this now with different
versions of Qt:
> http://wiki.meego.com/Wayland_in_MeeGo
>
> We want a MeeGo image there now that everyone can easily pick for building
and converting applications to Wayland natively, with Qt Lighthouse. The
wiki is not up to date actually, but I'll try to add a bit more detailed
information there on the next days. We all could/should improve a bit more
this page also with the features needed, but again, trying to insert MeeGo
specific only - I guess PVR related wouldn't go there for instance.