Hi,

On 6/29/11 11:33 AM, "ext Zhao, Fan" <fan.z...@intel.com> wrote:

>> Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:15 PM
>> Marius Vollmer wrote:

>>provide
>>setup

>>existing
>>as I

>>maybe
>> >
>> > Mass movement of bugs is not expected at this moment.
>>
>> So why is Michael saying the following then:
>>
>>     I wondered why bugs for our component, the virtual keyboard, were
>>     moved to newly created components without prior announcement, nor
>>     explanations.
>>
>> Here is an example of a bug that was moved without a comment:
>>
>>     https://bugs.meego.com/show_activity.cgi?id=15554
>>
>> Anyway, none of my business, so I shut up. :)
>
>I just did a search, around 15 VKB bugs were moved to the new product, so
>I don't think it's mass movement. If there are problems for that
>component, let's solve the specific problem, but let's not overshade the
>general direction.

The point here isn't about the administrative task of moving bugs with the
"change several bugs at once" bugzilla feature but making sure that an
appropriate comment is attached to the bugs.
So I guess you could remind anyone on your side involved into moving the
bugs that it's mandatory to at least put a comment with the reasoning
behind the action.
In this case, yanshuang.zh...@intel.com needs to be reminded.
Doing so will generate an email notification to anyone having incentive on
the bug.
Of course, announcements on the ML are good but as we all know, it's
simply not enough as Michael and Marius point out...

>Thanks for bringing it up anyway.

Another point is that one could actually challenge why some bugs were
moved there if the purpose is to monitor 1.3 release.
IMHO anything done already doesn't need to move, does it?
Just verified and closed is largely enough.

>Thanks,
>Fan

Cheers,
Eric