Nasa,

Did anyone ever answer this question for you? I am not seeing a reply on the
list anywhere but I could be missing it or may have deleted it....

What do you mean by "OBE"?

Anyway, obviously there is some wiggle room for interpretation in the Bug
Life Cycle guidelines. Other people may have "stricter" definitions/rules
here, but my general take is that if someone is actively involved in a
specific bug (i.e. the fixer, release engineer, project manager, QA, or
reporter/author), it is typically acceptable for them to make a change. It
is definitely okay, by my interpretation, for the author/submitter and
assignee/owner to make changes. I think really the only time one runs into
objections about changes is when they are changing a bug they are not
actively working on or directly involved with. i.e. Someone working on
tablet stuff probably shouldn't be messing with IVI bugs. That kind of
thing.

Of course, other release engineers, verticals, etc., might have a slightly
different spin on it.

But, for IVI stuff, I would have no issues with you updating or changing the
status of a bug that you reported. Not like we can't just change it as
needed anyway. I just like to know why someone changed it. So just a comment
to accompany the change is good. :)

That help?

Tracy