On 8/12/2011 10:44 AM, rborisov wrote:
On Fri, 2011-08-12 at 07:49 -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
On 8/12/2011 5:30 AM, Roman Borisov wrote:
Hello All,

I was trying to enable suspend to disk functionality on several platforms;
the meego reference release does not include or enable hibernate, and we
don't test it.
But it seems your kernel is from an OS vendor who customized it; I would
suggest checking
with said OS vendor to see what testing they have done on the specific
hardware (for them
to enable it I assume they tested it)

no; I don't think that OS vendor did anything to enable hibernate

he at least enabled it in the kernel

functionality; I used standard pm-utils; the system contains them by
default;
but I want to enable it;
what should I do? BIOS is supported hibernation

hibernate is a laptop-to-laptop thing in linux still unfortunately (also why we didn't work on it in meego).... but talk to the OS vendor, they should be able to make it work on a specific laptop if they enabled it.

--
Thanks