Hi
I would be really excited to have improvements there. There was a huge team working on startup improvement for some time
but without real success. So if you get something feel welcome to contact.

Jeremias

Am 20.04.2011 19:42, schrieb casey.schauf...@nokia.com:
An idea with merit. I want to see if I can get to a point where I can talk
about the issues coherently first.

From: ext Robert Kaiser [ka...@kairo.at]
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:21 AM
To: Schaufler Casey (Nokia-SD/SiliconValley)
Cc: jeremias.bo...@basyskom.de; Eklund Jukka (Nokia-SD/Tampere);
meego-handset@lists.meego.com; nokia_browser...@basyskom.de
Subject: Re: [Meego-handset] [N900] Fennec pre-starting

casey.schauf...@nokia.com schrieb:
I am working on getting some performance improvement in fennec, especially on
startup. It's honking big, massively generalized, and a royal pain to build.
There is not likely to be a quick fix.
Are you in some form of contact with our mobile team at Mozilla, i.e.
the Fennec upstream?

I know that some work went into improving general Firefox and esp.
Fennec startup recently, though Mike Hommey, who did some startup
improvement work, told me that on the N900, startup is pretty much
CPU-bound (while on desktop I/O plays a large role).
Perhaps on working together, there might be a chance of helping each
other and make Fennec faster to launch on all devices. :)

Robert Kaiser