On 05/05/2011 04:02 PM, Carsten Munk wrote:
Hi all,

We'd like to start some discussion how to handle architecture type
questions in the future.

My idea would be that we set up a small team, open to everyone, who
debates any architectual questions specific to DE in the open and
contributes to the general MeeGo debate as well.

I am willing to contribute to this one. What I am seeing is that the future of many different components and processes we have in N900/DE images is a little unclear according to some emails on meego 1.3 (sysuid, mce, dsme,...) even though I do not know what's planned as a replacements for them in future.

I am kind of feeling that instead of drop and re-invent these functionalities, another approach I would like to discuss is whether we could have evaluate these functionalities and maybe consider of combining the functionalities from some of these daemons together. (= A kind of rewrite, where some of the features may be dropped out, some rewitted and some re-used...)

Simply drop of these daemons, would make N900/DE 1.2 images almost unusable atm.

Mika