anssi.ta...@nokia.com schrieb:
weekly Community Edition for N900 performance/response time results are updated
to wiki (this week we have done couple of extra measurements because of summer
release):

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/QA/Performance

This week's highlights (summer release a.k.a. CE-stable-23.1):
+ compared to last week sms start-up has improved 1,34s (current takes 4,92s)
+ browser start-up has improved 11,42s !! (15,42s)
+ camera start-up has improved 6,6s !! (5,8s)
+/-  device start-up hit yesterday all-time low 52,37s but today it was back at
85,56s (what happened between 22.1 and 23.1 stable images?)

=>  compared to MeeGo conference release application start-up times have
improved a lot with Summer release
Dialer: -0,47s
SMS: -2,76s
Browser: -26,36s !!!
Camera: - 6,89s !!

Great to see those improvements! Any idea as to what causes them? Less memory used and needed to be swapped out for starting the apps? I don't think Fennec did substantially change (right?), and we know it loads a lot of stuff into memory, so less memory pressure surely helps it a lot.

Robert Kaiser