Hi,

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:13:32 -0700
Quim Gil <quim....@nokia.com> wrote:

> On 10/10/2011 11:59 PM, ext Carsten Munk wrote:
>  > We (as in the steering group) like to query the community for ideas on
>  > what to call the Community Edition in the future.
>
> Mermate
>
> A good mate of Mer.
> Sounds like mermaid and you can even have one as logo if you wish.
> Mer design traditionally had underwater references.

+1
I think "Mermate" is pretty cool. Also the logo idea is great imho.
Why not go the whole way and call it "Mermaid"?

Mer vs. Meer is not distinct enough in my opinion and could be easily confused.
If the double 'e' needs to be kept one could think about "Meermate" or even
"Meermaid" or is the sounding still too close to "mere"?

Ruediger