Hi, Ulrich:

The complex EM fields may not be necessary in dielectric material or
something else, unlike the cases in the quantum mechanics. However,
complex fields may be required when you want to harness the
dissipation(e.g., metal model). By the way, in EM theory, the
cos-functions as a standing-wave solution are not utilized so widely as
the exp-functions are, representing the propagating-wave one.

Yours
Zheng
在 2007-09-16日的 12:55 +0200,Ulrich Dobramysl写道: