On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, shiv chawla wrote:
> I am trying to install libctl on cygwin in windows. But I have an error
> while ./configure saying in the end that linking to guile failed and
> guile couldnot be found.But I have checked and guile is installed there
> in /usr.  I am attaching the config.log file for your review. I
> desperately need a solution as I want to use meep for my project.I have
> invested a lot of time in resolving this problem but still away from a
> solution. I thank you all in anticipation of a quick reply.

Is it possible that you have multiple conflicting versions of Guile
installed?  The configure script found a guile-config in /usr/local/bin,
but I'm guessing that Cygwin comes with guile installed in /usr (e.g.
there is probably a /usr/bin/guile too).

In general, whenever your system has prepackaged versions of a particular
library, you want to use that prepackaged version unless you know what you
are doing.  For Cygwin, that means going to the "Cygwin setup" program and
installing the "guile-devel" package from the "Devel" section.

In your case, you may have messed up your Cygwin installation by
installing multiple incompatible versions of the same program/library, so
the easiest thing might be to reinstall Cygwin from scratch.

Alternatively, install Debian or Ubuntu GNU/Linux and use the prepackaged
Meep.

Steven