On Feb 7, 2008, at 7:53 PM, Jonathan Breeze wrote:
> I have heard that an undocumented frequency domain solver exists
> within
> MEEP.  Is this true? I would be keen to find out, since I have some
> problems which would be ideal for an eigensolver approach in 2D
> cylindrical coordinates (dielectric resonators).

There is an experimental frequency-domain solver (fields::solve_cw),
but it is not an eigensolver; it solves for the steady-state fields in
response to a time-harmonic current source.

Of course, Meep can solve for eigenfrequencies etc. using the time
domain and harminv, as documented in the manual.

Steven