Hi, Meep users and Steven:
    I try to figure the how many source is really running after I set the
parameters for cw-source.

  say  lamda=lam=1290; run_time=14; fcen=1/lam.
 and
   (src (make continuous-src (frequency fcen) (end-time (* run_time (/ 1
fcen))) (width (* 0.6 lam)) (cutoff (* 0.003 lam) )))
  I write a small program using matlab to estimate how long the source will
turn on and determine how many period I need before
   source turns off.
  Since the source will turn on and off by the shape:
(1 + tanh(t/width - slowness))/2,
  I thought there should be pi/2 in the front of
  t/width since the shape I got was different from what I got from meep. )
  But I notice when the source turned off before 14th period.
   It turned off around 10th period.
    I'm wondering if this true then what the meaning of end-time is.

  Thank you

Cheers
Adrian