Hi,

I want to calculate the total energy in my simulation for every step.
I am using the function fields::total_energy()
The problem is that it runs veeery slowly. It takes several times more
time than the actual step takes !
Is there any other way to calculate the energy faster ? It would be very useful.
I know it is possible because I am using paralelly with meep a
photonic crystal simulation written in Fortran
and there the calculation of energy is a side product of the actual
FDTD calculation so the energy
data is simply available for every step without any additional
overhead. Is there something like that in meep ?

Thank you for any help,
Thomas Jefferson