As I understand now for declaring every new dispersive material to be
used in the
same simulation I have to use structure::add_polarizability with a different
sigma function every time. For example if I want to use 2 different dispersives
in two different places I have to do it two times with two different
sigmas. Is it right ?

It makes it pretty difficult to use if you want to create a general
program which
supports user in declaring many dispersive materials in many places inside the
crystal which would be defined in a batch file. And it is exactly what I am
doing right now.
First of all every usage of the sigma function just like
the eps function takes a lot of time for large volumes. It makes the
initialization
time unnecessarily long.
The second thing is that I have to come up now with some soft of array
of pointers to
the sigma functions for passing to add_polarizability for each
dispersive material
so that the system is general and logical. But It just gets more
complicated that way.

My question is after all : Is there no way to introduce many dispersive regions
with just one function call ? Like if there could be a function sigma_multi wich
returns for example 1 for the first dispersive material, 2 for the
second one, 3 for
the third one and so on ? After all the dispersive material can not
overlap, can they ?

Thomas Jefferson