See:

http://ab-initio.mit.edu/wiki/index.php/Units_and_nonlinearity_in_Meep

On Sep 9, 2009, at 9:04 PM, 加祥 张 wrote:

Dear Mr. steven:

I want to add kerr nonliear in my simulation and caculate the transmittance curve. For example, the nonliear index (experiment data) n2=0.0435um^2/W, if i want to get the changing of the index n2*I with order of 1e-3, we should use pump intensity of 0.02299 W/um^2. how should i set the amplitude of the source? In linear simulation, i can use the "meep-fields-flux-in-box" to monitor the power by changing the amplitude of the source. what is the amplitude which corresponds to the real power intensity 0.02299W/ um^2 ? (the lattice constant is a=210nm)

    Good luck!
    JiaXiang Zhang