On Sep 16, 2009, at 8:53 AM, ChangGyun Shin wrote:
during configure of meep, I discovered searching mpb.h routine...as follows

You should not be specifying the -I flags to the MPB directories. (In general, you should only use -I and -L to specify directories where you *install* things with 'make install', never to the source- code directories.)

The mpb.h detection is only for an unreleased future version of MPB that installs itself as a library, in which case Meep can call MPB to find an eigenmode and then use this for the current distribution. The mpb.h file that is used internally in the current release of MPB will not work.

Steven