Dear Steven and all:
     I am a new user of Meep. What I want to ask is about:
     How can I determine the time-average input power and record the
time-average output power at some position?
According to the part "Units and Nonlinearity in Meep" on the website, the
input power is approximately proportional to the square of current
amplitude(J^2). Is that a time-average correlation? Further, in the nonlinear
situation recording time-average power seems problematic. Has this been fixed?
     Actually the ultimate purpose is to repeat the optical bistable results
published in Appl.Phys.Lett, 83,2739(2003) by M.F.Yanik. If anyone can tell me
how to write the loop to record the output power vs the input power data, your
great help is highly appreciated.
     Thanks very much.
                                Ziming