Hi Steffen,

it is good to hear from you again.

Do you have libmatheval installed on your computer? If not, did you try to download, build and install it?
http://www.gnu.org/software/libmatheval/

If h5math does not work you can use matlab (as Judson has already suggested) or octave (a free clone of matlab). I have checked and it seems that Octave can read h5 files. h5read command is responsible for this.

best wishes

pavel