Hi guys,

I have been trying to implement some example problems from
http://ab-initio.mit.edu/wiki/index.php/Meep_Tutorial/Band_diagram%2C_resonant_modes%2C_and_transmission_in_a_holey_waveguide
in C++. Most of it works out, however, the amplitude of harminv result in the
Resonant Mode example is different from what is on the website. Therefore, I
started to doubt that the initialization of gaussian src is different in Scheme
and C++. I tried out the simplest problem on C++ tutorial, which just
constructs a gaussian src and run. I simply output the field at the source
coordinate.

A simple display of the sources constructed in C++ and scheme is here, with
both programs attached as well.
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B7K7CoKpx-RcMmU0OGIxNTgtNjE1MC00ZTNjLThhMzEtMDVlYTdmZWVhNWQx&hl=en

The amplitude is the problem here. Anyone has any idea on why the source is
different in C++ vs Scheme?

Many thanks!
Bin Huang (Bryan)
MIT Graduate Student '10