Hi,

I had the same problem. I think if u put it in /usr/local/lib, when u installed
meep by "sudo ....", it already has some other version or something. I am not
sure. Anyway, I installed BLAS and lapack on my desktop by myself, instead of
"sudo.....".

This is my memo when i installed lapack. U need to change some file before
"make". I do not remember exactly but I am sure you will figure it out.
---------------------------------------
PLAT = lib

# For gfortran compiler: SECOND and DSECND will use a call to the INTERNAL
FUNCTION ETIME
TIMER    = INT_ETIME

BLASLIB      = /home/huangbin/Desktop/BLAS/libblas.a

LAPACKLIB    = $(PLAT)lapack.a
TMGLIB       = $(PLAT)tmglib.a
EIGSRCLIB    = $(PLAT)eigsrc.a
LINSRCLIB    = $(PLAT)linsrc.a

dont add $(MAKE) by single, complex, or whatever
When you configure MEEP, do
./configure --prefix=/home/huangbin/Desktop/meep-1.1.1_v1
--with-lapack="/home/huangbin/Desktop/lapack-3.2.1/liblapack.a"

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Bin Huang (Bryan)
MIT Graduate Student '10