Hi,
I hope you can help me with this problem:
Currently I am just trying to compile the first test program from the Meep C++ Tutorial, but can't really manage to do so.
I tryed the three ways given in se section Compiling:

1) make test.dac

gave me:

make: *** No rule to make target `test.dac'.  Stop.

2) g++ `pkg-config --cflags meep` test.cpp -o test `pkg-config --libs meep`

gave me:

Package meep was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `meep.pc'
No package 'meep' found
Package meep was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `meep.pc'
No package 'meep' found
test.cpp:1:20: error: meep.hpp: No such file or directory
test.cpp:2: error: ‘meep’ is not a namespace-name
test.cpp:2: error: expected namespace-name before ‘;’ token
test.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
test.cpp:5: error: ‘initialize’ was not declared in this scope
test.cpp:5: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘mpi’
test.cpp:7: error: ‘grid_volume’ was not declared in this scope
test.cpp:7: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘v’
test.cpp:8: error: ‘structure’ was not declared in this scope
test.cpp:8: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘s’
test.cpp:9: error: ‘fields’ was not declared in this scope
test.cpp:9: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘f’
test.cpp:11: error: ‘f’ was not declared in this scope
test.cpp:11: error: ‘Dielectric’ was not declared in this scope
test.cpp:11: error: ‘v’ was not declared in this scope
test.cpp:14: error: ‘gaussian_src_time’ was not declared in this scope
test.cpp:14: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘src’
test.cpp:15: error: ‘Ey’ was not declared in this scope
test.cpp:15: error: ‘src’ was not declared in this scope
test.cpp:15: error: ‘vec’ was not declared in this scope
test.cpp:20: error: ‘Hz’ was not declared in this scope
test.cpp: At global scope:
test.cpp:25: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘vec’ with no type
test.cpp:25: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘&’ token
test.cpp: In function ‘double eps(int)’:
test.cpp:26: error: ‘p’ was not declared in this scope

So I guess the meep stuff is not in the past where my compiler is looking for it. I installed Meep on Ubuntu via the Ubuntu Software Center and did not get to pick anything during the installation.
I would be thankful for tipps how to make this work.
Thanks a lot!
Stefan