Dear meep users, developers, Prof. Johnson,
I am trying to repeat the results of this paper:
http://apl.aip.org/resource/1/applab/v88/i4/p041112_s1?isAuthorized=no

I started without symmetries and I got a diverging field-probe in the
center.

Then I tried reducing Courant factor and increasing the cut-off parameter
for source, as suggested in previous posts. It kept diverging. Only turning
eps-averaging off, it seems to work, but in this case I am not confident the
accuracy will be enough.

What could I do, apart from using symmetries, to avoid a huge mesh?

Finally, a few colleagues reckon that using 16 points/period is enough even
in those fine-tuning settings, provided that an averaging procedure is made.
Sure it depends on the smartness of the averaging, but what do you think
about that?

Thank you.

Regards.

--