Dear all,

I am testing with MEEP 3D  a long thin dielectric taper along a dielectric
waveguide junction (a double configuration in fact, to have a continuous
waveguide-taper-system-inverse taper-continuous waveguide setup).
I have one flux sensor in each span of continuous waveguide, and the "input"
sensor is at a few lambda's from the point source, as normal.

The introduction of the taper (a simple wedge shape obtained by subtracting
rotated and rescaled versions of blocks of "air" from a block of higher index
medium) creates anomalies in the output flux: NANs, tens of orders of magnitude
of difference in power.

As I noticed, the tips of the tapers are smaller than a voxel, so they become
"grey" after the subpixel smoothing step.

Anyone has an idea about this?

Any feedback will be much appreciated;

Marco Zocca