Hello everyone, I hope that I am not asking too much here.  I am a PhD
student who wants to use Meep for some Transmission/Reflection calculations
of a complicated periodic gold structure.  I have two questions here.

I am very grateful for all the effort that Steven and the Meep community
have put into the mailing list, and I have spent a large amount of time
looking through the mail archive for an answer to my question.  I would
really be grateful if Steven could post to this mailing list a definitive
answer for people in my predicament.

I have (multiple) sets of parameters for modeling gold using the simple
Drude formulation:

epsilon = epsilon_infinity - (w_p^2) / (w^2 - i*w*Gamma)

But Meep uses the following function for one pole:

epsilon = "epsilon" + ("omega"^2 * "sigma") / ("omega"^2 - w^2  - (i * w *
"gamma") )

which is defined in the .ctl file via:

(define gold
   (make dielectric
      (epsilon __________ )
      (E-polarizations
         (make polarizability (omega _________) (gamma _________) (sigma
__________))
      )
   )
)

I have the plasma frequency w_p and the loss term Gamma that are fit to
specific sets of data.  I do not know how to obtain the parameters "omega"
and "sigma" but I presume that "epsilon" is the same between the models, and
is not effected by any units in Meep since it is just the frequency
independent dielectric constant.  I have read multiple times that I need to
fit my data to a series of Lorentz poles.  Is there a way to get Meep to
understand my parameters without working out the fit from scratch?  The
cited references in papers were all books that I do not have.  I am willing
to learn but the approach to this problem is not immediately obvious and
from the posts I have read a lot of other people have the same problem.

My other question is about frequency.  Say that I start with the drude
parameters below:

Meep length scale a = 1nm
epsilon_infinity = 9.07
w_p = 2pi * 2.16 * 10^15 Hz
Gamma = 2pi * 1.84 * 10^13 Hz

Now I convert to Meep units (in the way I believe is correct):

Meep_w_p = (2pi * 2.16 * 10^15 Hz) * [(2pi) * (3*10^8 m/s) / (10^-9 m)]/[1
Hz]
Meep_Gamma = (2pi * 1.84 * 10^13 Hz) * [(2pi) * (3*10^8 m/s) / (10^-9 m)]/[I
Hz]

Do I now fit these parameters to the Lorentz pole sum just as if they were
w_p and Gamma, and pick "sigma" "omega" and "gamma" to fit the form of the
Lorentz pole sum afterwards?

Thanks again for any help.