On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:47:30 +0900, Ardavan Oskooi <ard...@mit.edu> wrote:
> Yes, we continue to develop Meep and do have a new version (1.2) slated
> for release later this summer. The newest major feature is support for
> multilevel atomic media (i.e. saturable absorbers) which combines the
> semi-classical rate equations for atomic population levels in active
> media with interacting electromagnetic fields (to study lasing
> phenomena, etc). Of course, the release will also include a number of
> minor bug fixes and code cleanup (e.g., as part of the new feature, the
> Lorentzian polarizability has been consolidated into one class which
> will make extension to other media much more efficient). Please be
> patient as we continue debugging and finalize the release.
>
> AO

Since we are on the topic of new releases: could someone verify the
correctness of formulae in the tutorial
http://ab-initio.mit.edu/wiki/index.php/Meep_Tutorial/Material_dispersion

I have got an impression that there are some 2*pi factors wrong (I have
already written about this in the mailing list and written down the
formulae which are correct according to me:
http://www.mail-archive.com/meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu/msg03817.html)

But, obviously, I could be wrong.

Giovanni

-