Hello!

As far as I know there is no standard file that meep could import as a
3D model.  If you do not mind python then I would suggest you to use

1) Free-cad  http://sourceforge.net/projects/free-cad/files/FreeCAD%20Linux/
2) python-meep

You still have to write a layer that would transform cad files
structures to numpy array or to set up a simulation directly with
python-meep using the structure in the free-cad. The advantage here is
that everything what you need will be done in single environment
(python).  Though this is not required and you can as well use a
free-cad, make a python (or whatever) script to translate your
structure to ctl file that can be understood by ordinary meep.
Free-cad itself seems relatively mature and appropriate for this task.

You can also look for SALOME. This looks like a mature and
professional software, however, I found that community and support are
not very helpful.

Hope it helps,
Shavkat Nizamov