Hello,

I have written a set of python/cheetah scripts that generate a Scheme
program for Meep, which sets the resolution to 1 and assembles the geometry
voxel-by-voxel. However this is not scalable, as it takes an unreasonable
amount of time for Meep to parse the file (I have measured this, and the
python scripts run almost instantaneously as compared with the execution of
Meep). However, I believe this is because Meep performs bookkeeping
operations every time a (block) is issued in the scheme file, which are
unwarranted when assembling the geometry by the voxel.

Is there a way to speed this up? Perhaps should I look into using Meep with
C++? Thank you.

--

Luis Emiro Linares GarcĂ­a