Dear MEEP users:

I am new to the MEEP simulation environment and am trying to simulate the
e-field enhancement localized within a 20nm thick Si layer when a period array
of cylindrical Gold nano-posts are placed on its surface.

I am trying to set up a simulation which shows how the e-field (Ex+Ey+Ez)
magnitude in the thin metal layer beneath the posts varies at different incident
(wavelengths 690nm through 800nm linearly polarized along the z-axis). The posts
are periodic in the x and y directions.

The geometry is contained within a large air subdomain, the real and imaginary
values of the relative permitivity for the Au post change at each wavelength,
the entire geometry is contained within a large air subdomain.

The period of the gold posts would start at 200nm with the post diameter= 1/3
the period. I am interested in looking at periods 200 and 400nm.

I have been trying to work with some existing examples but have not had much
luck yet. I am very much a beginner when it comes to programming (I have some
experience using Comsol Multiphysics). Any help, suggestions on how i could set
up the code for the simulation would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!