Thanks for your help.

I am writing code to put 2 blocks at different coordinates and view the field
configuration that is generated .
I write :

(set! geometry-lattice (make lattice (size 6 6 no-size)))
(define A  (make material-type (epsilon 12)))
(set! geometry
                 (list
                 (make block (material A) (center 1 1) (size 2 2 infinity))
                 (make block (material A) (center -1 -1) (size 2 2 infinity))))
(set! sources
                   (list
                           (make source
                           (src (make continuous-src (frequency 0.15)))
                           (component Ez)
                           (center 1 1))))))

(set! pml-layers (list (make pml (thickness 1.0))))
(set! resolution 10)
(run-until 200
           (at-beginning output-epsilon)
           (at-end output-efield-z))

The simulation runs but this give me a black image for both epsilon and
electric
field.

I want to see the effect of source placed on the center of one on the other .

If I place the source outside the blocks then also I see a black image for both
epsilon and field.

My main aim is to create multiple objects in the lattice and then see the
effect
of fields interacting between them. How should I go about it.

How should I go about solving this problem ?

Thanks in advance.