On Aug 25, 2012, at 6:32 AM, pankaj kumar sahoo wrote:

> Dear meep users
>    When using get-field-point and passing Sx to find the intensity due to the
> Ex polarized light,i got Sx at a single point at different time unit.
>    I want to calculate the time average of Sx at that single point. I used
> run-until 300 time unit.I dont know how to take the time average.
>
>    Is there any built-in function for that.Should i take average for whole
> time from 0 to 300 or for one period like from 290-291 or 299-300 or 1-2
> etc....

There is no built-in function for time-averaging, although it is pretty easy to
write one. You should normally average over one period.  (Or, technically, you
only need to average over half a period since the flux oscillates twice as fast
as the field.)  (Of course, this is only for a time-harmonic field so that you
have a well-defined period.)