Hi,
this is purely a mathematical question related to diffraction.
Generally, if your source is ten times the wavelength, the output
radiation divergence may be estimated to be one tenth of radian. So
you have to make the source plane as big as possible.
Another approach giving a precise plane wave, is to use the Bloch
periodic boundaries.
Regards,
F.