Hi, the suggested project is appealing to me because it seems it could
greatly simplify installation procedure of MEEP at Windows. I can
imagine convincing many colleagues at the institute to run FDTD
simulations when their computer is idle...
However, not knowing anything about NaCl, I am still concerned about
the performance; usually one wants to compile MEEP from sources to get
the optimized code for their particular architecture. On the other
hands, if whole MEEP is compiled before being run, quite a lot of
external dependencies will have to be packed.
So far, it is possible to run a simulation of sodium chloride in MEEP,
but not vice versa. How should a typical scenario of MEEP under NaCl
look like?
F.