On Jul 15, 2014, at 11:50 AM, Zhichao Ruan wrote:
> I am working to rewrite an old libctl script by using c++ lib. I found that
> the results are quite different between c++ and libctl. After comparing in
> step-by-step, i think they might come from the different Yee grid. Please
> check the codes below. The epsilon in the c++ version is 22*22*162 while it
> is 21*21*161 in the libctl. I appreciate your suggestion.

The libctl interface does subpixel averaging for structures made of geometric
objects.   In the C++ interface, you are responsible for any averaging you
might want to do; it doesn't do it for you.   As a result, interfaces between
two materials are likely to be discretized very differently in libctl vs. C++
(with the libctl version being more accurate).