Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the response.

I think I may have actually found an easier way to do this - using
homebrew, follow the current installation instructions, except that hdf5
should be installed with parallel support, if needed (brew install
--enable-parallel homebrew/science/hdf5), which will bring in OpenMPI.

You also must install pkg-config (brew install pkg-config), since the one
of the configure scripts requires it, but it's not explicitly stated as a
dependency on the wiki.

Libctl, harminv, and MPB can be installed in the normal fashion.

To install meep, I went to /usr/local/share/openmpi/mpic++-wrapper-data.txt
and changed the compiler from the system default (clang++) to g++-4.9
(installed by homebrew). This has to be done before running the meep
configure script. Once that was done, I was able to build and link without
issue. If I hadn't been using MPI, I could have accomplished the same thing
by giving the configure script CXX=g++-4.9, I think.

As you said, the symmetry test is failing due to a small numerical error,
but 2D_convergance passes for me.

Tom