Hello,

I'm using h5topng version 1.12.1 with libpng 1.6.13 on OS X 10.9.4. Both
were installed using homebrew per recommendations on the wiki.

However, when I do the "Straight Waveguide" portion of the meep tutorial (
http://ab-initio.mit.edu/wiki/index.php/Meep_Tutorial), the images produced
by h5topng are entirely black.

I think that the output from meep is correct, because when I use h5totxt, I
can see that the output is not homogeneous, so it should not be producing a
homogeneous image.

I know there were some issues with h5utils and libpng 1.5, and homebrew
applies a patch to correct this. However, I also tried installing and build
against libpng 1.2 without success.

I thought I would check with the list before digging into the h5topng
source...

Thanks,
Tom