On 12/29/2017 03:07 PM, Ian Sage wrote:

The display_fluxes() function is very convenient for listing
transmission/reflection spectra, as is well illustrated in the tutorials.

Is there a similar, easy route to write the same information to a file?
The save_flux() function - if I understand correctly - writes out the
Fourier transformed flux information which is not what I need.

I can achieve my aim by redirecting stdout, but is there an easy, direct
way?

The save_flux routine outputs Meep's internal data which unfortunately is not easily decipherable. We will soon add support for outputting the Fourier-transformed fields to a file in a readable format. This has been a requested feature for some time. You can then use the output from this routine to compute any derived quantities of the fields such as flux, intensity, etc.