hi all,

the packages/examples seem to be running well for me now....so...here is what i
would like to simulate (two separate problems of two different projects):

1 - a suspended GaAs membrane with a given thickness that has a
hexagonal--circular-hole-pattern photonic crystal cavity (say an L3 to begin
with)

for this system i would like to find the bandgap and mode map of the structure
and visualize the fields of a point source embedded in the cavity at several
different                  positions relative to its center

this is in order to tailor the cavity to the source and estimate the effects of
source-placement errors in a real-life structure

2- a GaAs material that is coated with thin metal that has a cross-bowtie-shape
hole (drawing attached).

     for this structure i want to visualize the intensity of the radiation
inside the material upon the surface being hit by a laser beam (plasmonics
project)

     this is to determine how much hotter can we make a point in the material
relative to a non-plasmonicized case

my question, can these problems be handled by meep? if so, what is the best
aproach to begin tackling them?

thnx