Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

On 2020-02-28 6:33 p.m., Ardavan Oskooi wrote:
Have you tried setting up your pyramidal structure using a Prism by specifying its vertices? We recently made several changes to improve reliability (see: libctl #46 <https://github.com/NanoComp/libctl/pull/46>, #49 <https://github.com/NanoComp/libctl/pull/49>, and #53 <https://github.com/NanoComp/libctl/pull/53>); just make sure you are using libctl 4.5.0.
Thanks, I had no idea that the Prism object could do anything but right-angle sides. It does leave some other questions (how to make oblique pyramids, or rectangular - not square - pyramids), but is there a way to do this in the Python interface yet? (Sorry, I am quite new to this software)

See: https://meep.readthedocs.io/en/latest/FAQ/#why-does-subpixel-averaging-take-so-long

Yes, I was already looking at this. However, I thought the parameter Simulation.eps_averaging=False (in Python) turns off subpixel averaging, thereby avoiding this issue (at the cost of accuracy). Perhaps I do not understand this option, but it is not working as I expected it to.

Cheers,
Philip