Tennessee Leeuwenburg <tleeuwenb...@gmail.com> writes:

> However, it doesn't really make clear what organisers should do, what
> their responsibilities and empowerments are.

That is IMO a strength. If the policy is overly specific, it runs the
risks of not being read, not being understood, not being followed, and
not being trusted.

> I think a standardised process would be nice, but allowing for a lot of
> flexibility and recourse if an issue doesn't fit with that.

I agree. Do you think the example policy lacks that?

> For example, a basic record of the incident should be made.

That is an explicit part of the example policy, yes.

> I see this as analagous to a dispute situation in a workplace. In such
> a situation, the various parties involved can choose to have the issue
> dealt with formally or informally. In a difficult situation, calm
> judgment can often go out the window -- not necessarily due to any
> ill-doing, but just due to a failure to think of the right thing to do
> or what some sensible steps to make might be.

I don't see a need to make that all a part of the formal policy
document. You seem to be advocating "use best judgement" there anyway,
right?

--
 \        “Ice Water? Get some onions — that'll make your eyes water!” |
  `\                                                     —Groucho Marx |