Hi everyone!

We're going to hold the first Melbourne Python User Group meeting of 2016 on
Monday evening next week, 1 February.

Please note that the start time will be *6:00 for 6:15pm*. (There have been
some changes in the venue's policy that require that we not start setting up
until 6pm.) It will be at Inspire9, Level 1, 41 Stewart Street, Richmond.

Talks:

- I'll give a survey talk about different Python data tools: toolz, NumPy,
Pandas, xarray, Blaze, Dask, bcolz, and PySpark. The ecosystem has been
evolving quickly and I'll give an overview comparing and contrasting these
tools and when to use what for different applications.

- There's time for more talks! If you'd like to give a talk, please email the
list or me. We're keen to hear from you!

Job forum:

- Following on from recent email threads about jobs, we'll experiment with
running a quick "job forum" like the Sydney Python User Group's. If you have a
Python job you'd like to advertise, or if you are looking for a Python-related
job, we'll give you the opportunity to take the mic!

Then we'll have time for pizza, drinks and general catching up after the
Christmas / New Year break.

We'll have a good turnout on Monday according to the Meetup page. (If you are
registered there but can no longer come, please change your status to "not
coming" so the people on the waiting list can come!) I look forward to see you
there!

Best wishes,
    Ed

--