Hi all!

We're looking forward to our next meeting of the Melbourne Python user group --
and the last for 2018 -- on Monday 17 December. We have these two talks planned:

1. Henry Walshaw: Python in QGIS

QGIS is the world's largest open-source GIS platform. Two of the lead
developers are based here in Australia. The primary scripting environment for
QGIS is Python 3. This is a quick walkthrough of QGIS and how to script it with
Python for spatial analysis and automatic map generation.

2. Ed Schofield: Girls in Tech

Python Charmers has recently formed a partnership with Girls in Tech to deliver
coding bootcamps at locations around Asia. I'll describe the first two events
(in Jakarta and Seoul) -- what we did, what went well, what we learned.

3. Lightning talks?

4. Announcements and pizza

When: 5.45pm for mingling; talks from 6pm; pizza afterwards

Where: Level 2, 17 Hardware Lane, Melbourne CBD -- new venue!

How to get there: Walk 8 minutes from Flinders Street station or 5 minutes from
Melbourne Central

Sponsorship: many thanks to Outcome Life for providing the venue, Biarri for
sponsoring pizzas, and Python Charmers for organisation and meetup sponsorship.

RSVP: Please respond on Meetup.com so we can track numbers:
https://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Python-Meetup-Group/

Do come and join us! We hope to see you there!

Best wishes,
    Ed

--
Dr. Edward Schofield