> Once I take out pypiwin32, then I run into the same issue as reported in the
> "Building MSI package under MSYS" thread
> bash -lc 'cd "%APPVEYOR_BUILD_FOLDER%" && glib-compile-schemas data &&
> python3 setup_win32.py bdist_msi'
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
> File "setup_win32.py", line 12, in <module>
>
> site_dir = site.getsitepackages()[1]
>
> IndexError: list index out of range
>
> Command exited with code 1
>
> This is because in the MSYS2 environment, there's only 1 thing in the list

> ['/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages']
> Whereas on Windows, there's 2

> ['C:\\Python36', 'C:\\Python36\\lib\\site-packages']
>
> Vasily,
> Did you edit setup_win32.py to build on MSYS2?

Unfortunately, no - I never completed installer build on MSYS2. All my MSYS2
test and usage are running meld from checkout.

Msys2 project itself has some scripts for building meld package -
https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/tree/master/mingw-w64-meld3

But they use patched setup.py, not setup_win32.py (and of course don't package
msi installer).