On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 at 19:40, Donjan Rodic <dro...@phys.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Now I'm not sure if the "next pane" concept refers to just that,
> switching between left and right. Or if it actually should cycle through
> the tabs that appear in the top row, which is what I want, as outlined
> in the original post. That would be "notebook page" concept relevant to
> the "notebook.set_current_page()" code, e.g. tabbing through 20
> comparisons opened from a directory diff view.

Sorry, I misread the original post. You're right, and pane switching is not
what you want.

> I'm simply searching for a way to bind the Ctrl+Tab accelerator to
> something like this pseudocode:
>
>      notebook.set_current_page(get_current_page()+1)  # respectively -1

If you add

          bind "<Primary>Tab" { "change-current-page" (1) };
          bind "<Primary><Shift>Tab" { "change-current-page" (-1) };
to the CSS in notebook.py, the accelerators will mostly work, provided that
focus is on a child of the notebook. You'll also need the CSS unbind. For
me there appears to still be something catching Ctrl+Tab when the notebook
isn't in the focus chain.

cheers,
Kai