Hello to all members,

Our Keystone International Livestock Exposition (KILE) is held this year
from September 29 - October 7 in Harrisburg, PA at the Pennsylvania Farm
Show & Expo Center.  It is a showcase of top quality cattle, sheep,
swine, and horses.  There are several national breed shows here annually
with many breeds represented.  Currently there are four breed sales
scheduled along with the club Calf Sale.  The four breed sales are
Angus, Highland, Shorthorn, and Simmental.

The North American Six-Horse Hitch Classic Series will feature more than
25 top-rated hitches trying to qualify for the national competition.
This is really something to see.  While we did not get to see the show
last year, we did get to see some of the competitors practicing.  We saw
the famous Budweiser hitch and did not realize that is what it was until
the trailer pulled out the next morning.  We were in awe.

To enter your Galloways (solid or Belted) in the show, you need to fill
out the entry form in the book or enter on-line at
www.keystoneinternational.state.pa.us
<http://www.keystoneinternational.state.pa.us/> .  The form can be
obtained online and printed for your entries.  They did say that they
were working to obtain credit card approval so entries could be made
fully on-line, but that is not quite finished yet.  The telephone number
to reach KILE is (717) 787-2905. Other calls should come to me at (724)
924-2938 because the people who staff the show are volunteers who do not
work at the farm show grounds themselves.  All mail should be addressed
to Keystone International Livestock Exposition, Pennsylvania Farm Show
Complex & Expo Center, 2300 North Cameron Street, Harrisburg, PA
17110-9443.

You can email the KILE at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and the website is
www.keystoneinternational.state.pa.us
<http://www.keystoneinternational.state.pa.us/> .

Entries are due by August 31, 2007 for this year's KILE.  Animals must
be in place by Thursday, October 4 at noon and release is 3:30 PM or
after the Steer Show, whichever is later, on Sunday, October 7, 2007.
The barns open to cattle at 6 PM on Monday, October 1.  Animals may not
be unloaded between 11 pm & 6 am.

Entry fees are listed on page 10 of the book.   Open breeding per head
are $55.  PA Livestock members' fees are $35.  Anyone can join the PLA
by submitting their membership fee and application found on page 116 in
the book.  Fees to join are $25.  Jr. & open breeding per head are $35.

All trailers must be parked off-site beginning 6 am October 1.  The
regular lot is to be used for unloading only and they must move to an
off-site lot which has a map listed on page 121 of the book.  They will
be enforcing this new rule since there must be parking for the new
Professional Bull Riding event that they are promoting.

There are all sorts of competition for the youth to show animals through
the Collegiate and Junior Livestock Judging Contests and the Keystone
Stockman's Contest.  The beef committee instituted a scholarship fund
last year which gives a $1000 and a $500 scholarship to any youth who
has exhibited at the KILE.  Requirements for this scholarship can be
obtained by contacting me. There is a reception for beef exhibitors and
auction held on Friday evening, October 5, to perpetuate the funding for
the scholarship.

A class list can be obtained by going to the website.  Rules and
regulations are also listed on the website.  Anyone who wants paper
copies of the information should contact me and I will mail them the
requested information.  I will also obtain books for those who are
interested.

The solids and Belties will show in one show this year and be placed
accordingly.  Last year, there were separate winners for solids and
Belties.  This year it is only one show with one set of winners.  This
is per the request of the KILE beef committee.

The Carlisle Car Show occurs the same weekend so exhibitors are urged to
reserve their lodging early.  Some of the hotels listed in the book are:

Comfort Inn Riverfront, 3 miles from complex. 525 S. Front Street,
Harrisburg (717)233-1611  Rate $69.99  To get this rate mention
All-American Dairy Show when calling.

Harrisburg-Comfort Inn:  I81, Exit 77 7744 linglestown Road, Harrisburg.
Rate 479.  Call (717) 540-8400.  Mention KILE to get the rate.

Days Inn-Harrisburg North - I81 Exit 66 use north ramp.  3919 N. Front
Street, Harrisburg, 2 miles to complex.  Call(717) 233-3100. Special
rate for All-American exhibitors $62.99

Harrisburg- Holiday Inn Express & Suites:  I81, Exit 72,  5680 Allentown
Blvd., Harrisburg.  Rate: $79 mention KILE (717) 657-2200.

Holiday Inn Harrisburg West:  10 minutes from Complex.  5401 Carlisle
Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055.  Exhibitors rate $124. Reservations call
(717) 697-0321  Website:  www.hiharrisburgwest.com
<http://www.hiharrisburgwest.com/> .

There are more hotels listed on pages 7 & 8 of the book.  There is also
camping hook-ups with electric only.  This is on a first come, first
served basis.  Rate is $40 fir the first day, and $5 per each additional
day.

I hope that some of you might be interested in showing here in the east.
While the Belties show in Wisconsin and in Kentucky, there is only one
other Galloway show in the west so we really want to keep this venue to
showcase Galloways going.

Harrisburg in located in central PA and is a beautiful drive from
wherever you may be located.  We would love to have you show, and if you
cannot show, please feel welcome to attend as spectators.  We need many
hands to put this together so be prepared to lend us a hand if you come.
If you have any questions about the show, please call me at the number
listed below.

Hope to see you in Harrisburg, PA on October 5!

Joyce Jones

Double J Galloways

395 Double J Lane

New Castle, PA 16101