thanks trevor, makes me feel a bit better about the conversion - but I
stripped the 240K so long ago that I can't remember what year it was, I know
it was a 4-door, auto - oh and it was poo brown too!! I thought the strut
length would be longer - but hey - I'm not at all complaining if my car goes
down and further 1/2 "!!
chris
>From: "Pooley, Trevor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: 240K
>Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:45:22 +0930
>
>Chris,
>
>I did this job 6 months ago. I used 1974 240K GL complete front stuts. Took
>them off the 240K and stuck them in the 1600. I did not change springs or
>stuff around by swapping them side to side. No probs and was happy with
>their performance. Ride hight was about the same maybe .5 to 1 inch lower
>(didn't measure).
>
>Trev
>
>
>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>Topic: 240K install
>==============
>Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 16:26:17 +0950
>From: "Derek Franklin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>----------------------------------------
>Chris,
>
>1) 240k Booster might not fit, depending on model. If you have a choice,
>240K
>for my money. I could only fit a 180B unit.
>2) If the 240K struts have a similar spindle-to-spring-seat height to the
>1600
>ones, use the 1600 springs to keep your ride characteristics the same.
>Should
>be same diameter (?).
>3) I didn't have to drill any holes to fit the booster, just re-bent the
>lines
>a tad.
>4) Haven't done the swap myself, maybe someone who has knows the 'other'
>tricks
>involved.
>5) Coopers Pale Ale gets my vote....
>
>DF
>
> >I've had a 240K front end sitting in my garage since before I got my
>dime,
>
> >and decided the other day that my stock brakes just aren't doing the
> >necessary job (stopping distances of 500 odd metres in the dry just don't
>
> >satisfy me - and are even verging on dangerous), so these holidays, I'm
> >going to sacrafice a couple of epesodes of 'Days of Our Lives' and make
>an
>
> >attempt to install the bloody things. I was just wondering if you
> >knowledge-able people could 'knowledge me up' a bit on a few unclear
> >thingumeys. Firstly, I have 240K and 180B brake boosters, which one
>should
>
> >I be using? Secondly, can I replace the 240K springs with p510 springs,
>or
>
> >cut the 240K's so the struts are the right height for the car (I'm trying
>to
>
> >do this conversion really cheaply for now, and then upgrade the springs
> >later). Thirdly do I have to modify (drill through) the firewall to
>install
>
> >the booster? (These questions must sound really basic and dumb, well
>it's
>
> >probably because they are, but my knowledge of the struts is comparable
>to
>a
> >fish's knowledge of human eyebrows (small)). Fourthly is there anything
> >else I should know during the conversion and fifthly, which beer do you
> >recomment that I drink after the conversion is complete?
> >
> >Thanks for all the help guys/girls, I'm sure it will be very
>useful....chris
>
> >Halpin - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >________________________________________________________________________
> >Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com
> >
> >
>
>
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com
--membersozdat-------------------------------------------------------
OZDAT Mailing List Please Note:-
Send (un)subscribe requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send submissions to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
No unauthorised redistribution of this email
http://www.datascribe.com.au/ozdatonline/index.htm
http://www.datascribe.com.au/ozdatonline/listindex.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---------------------------------------------------------------------