it will indeed - thanks trevor
>From: "Pooley, Trevor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: RE: 240K
>Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:11:58 +0930
>
>After talk about installing 240K struts a little while back I thought I'd
>have another look at what I had done.
>
>Zac, I had a look at strut tops a while back and the 240K ones were better
>as per what Pete told you. ie lowering without changing spring length etc.
>In the how to hot rod you datsun book they mention this mod by cutting out
>some of the rubber in the strut top. You could leave the domed plate that
>goes over the studs off too for a few extra mm lowering.
>
>Someone mentioned that you needed to grind a bit off the lower caliper
>attachment point. I was a bit skeptical at first until I removed the
>caliper
>from the strut and then tried to reinstall it. Didn't go back on did it.
>When I first put them in I installed the struts and brakes as a complete
>unit and thus didn't encounter this problem. So a quick grind of the bottom
>caliper mount and the caliper was back on and looking happy with new pads
>in
>them.
>
>The standard 240K springs had one less coil than the std 1600 ones, so I
>assume lower the front end a little (didn't measure) and are a little
>stiffer too. I think the coil diameters were the same, have to check.
>
>The bolt spacing of the 240K strut tops are a little different to the 1600
>tops so you may have to file away a bit where they go through the body.
>Still have to investigate this one.
>
>All up an easy conversion.
>Hope this helps Chris.
>
>Regards
>Trev
>
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Zac Campbell
> > Sent: Friday, 9 June 2000 23:30
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: RE: 240K
> >
> > People - Pete Liebig pointed out to me a few weeks ago that some (or al=
>l,
> > I'm not sure) 240K strut tops are actually a ceratin amount 'shorter' t=
>han
> > 1600, 180B and 200B strut tops. So, provided the spring length is the
>same,
> > you get lowered ride height without losing any spring travel.
> > Pete can you enlighten us on the number side of this one?
> >
> > zac
> > > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > > > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Chris=20
> >Halpin
> > > > > Sent: Saturday, 10 June 2000 1:36 PM
> > > > > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > > > Subject: Re: 240K
> > > > >
> > > > > thanks trevor, makes me feel a bit better about the conversion - =
>but=20
> >I
> > > > > stripped the 240K so long ago that I can't remember what year
>it=20
> >was, I
> > > >know
> > > > > it was a 4-door, auto - oh and it was poo brown too!! I thought =
>the
> > > >strut
> > > > > length would be longer - but hey - I'm not at all complaining if =
>my=20
> >car
> > > >goes
> > > > > down and further 1/2 "!!
> > > > >
> > > > > chris
> > > > >
> > > > > >From: "Pooley, Trevor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > > > >Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > > > >To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"=20
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > > > >Subject: 240K
> > > > > >Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:45:22 +0930
> > > > > >
> > > > > >Chris,
> > > > > >
> > > > > >I did this job 6 months ago. I used 1974 240K GL complete
>front=20
> >stuts.
> > > >Took
> > > > > >them off the 240K and stuck them in the 1600. I did not change=20
> >springs
> > > >or
> > > > > >stuff around by swapping them side to side. No probs and was hap=
>py=20
> >with
> > > > > >their performance. Ride hight was about the same maybe .5 to 1 i=
>nch
> > > >lower
> > > > > >(didn't measure).
> > > > > >
> > > > > >Trev
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
>
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com
--membersozdat-------------------------------------------------------
OZDAT Mailing List Please Note:-
Send (un)subscribe requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send submissions to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
No unauthorised redistribution of this email
http://www.datascribe.com.au/ozdatonline/index.htm
http://www.datascribe.com.au/ozdatonline/listindex.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---------------------------------------------------------------------