The standard CR of a L18 SSS is either 9.5:1 for the earlier version or 9:1
for the single carb version. The stock L18 is 8.5:1.

The 9.5:1 L18 SSS gets to ~10:1 very easily if the head has been shaved. 99
octane eh, I must try some as it's cheaper than Super + 104+ for a fang on a
Friday night.

terry

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Michael
Foreshew
Sent: Friday, 3 November 2000 4:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Engine Problem!!!! HELP/optimax


Standard L18 SSS CR.  I'm not sure exactly what it is.

--- "Brad HALLETT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>What CR are you running?
>
>Regards
>Brad HALLETT
>http://www.powerup.com.au/~bhallett
>
>Proudly Endorsing:
>...DATRATS...
>http://203.33.35.34
>Datsun Dedicated
>For Nissan Motorsport Components
>Professional Budget Priced competition equipment
>Contact Errol SMITH
>email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Michael
>Foreshew
>Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 2:51 PM
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: Engine Problem!!!! HELP/optimax
>
>
>I run Optimax in the rally car and it has made abig difference.  The engine
>pings with Shell half lead but completely disappears with the Optimax.
>
>On a similar point, mate of mine's brother is a chemist with Mobil.  They
>were sampling Optimax when it first came out and the lowest octane rating
>they found was 99.
>
>--- "Mick Ralph" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>Craig
>>Why do u ask?
>>Do u know something i should know?
>>I just ran my first tank of optimax thru my webers.
>>Now i have filled up with super again and wow!  can u tell the difference.
>>My motor seems to love optimax. It runs smoother and seems to pull harder
>>and idles very smoothly indeed (I run a 76 degree cam).
>>I'd be interested in any comments about optimax
>>cheers
>>Mick
>>----- Original Message -----
>>From: Craig Overend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 7:34 PM
>>Subject: Re: Engine Problem!!!! HELP
>>
>>
>>> Nat,
>>>
>>> Has this engine had Optimax run though it out of interest?
>>>
>>> Craig.
>>>
>>> "nat P." wrote:
>>> >
>>> > Morning Listers!
>>> >  I have a huge problem, my Datto is
>>> > missing(Misfiring).
>>> > I have checked the following:
>>> > -Spark plug= leads, New leads and plugs
>>> > -Timing, Advance- Changed with new Rotor button and
>>> > Cap
>>> > -Coil.
>>> > All wires.
>>> > I have noticed that if I pull the lead off number two.
>>> > the engine, stays the same.
>>> > Hence Number cylinder is not firing.  Another reason
>>> > why I know this is because the plugs are brand new.
>>> > That cylinders plug has no carbon on it yet (Actually
>>> > onlt a 1/4 of it, the rest still looks like its never
>>> > been used).  But only is this cylinder no working.  I
>>> > did also notice that If I take off number 1. it only
>>> > changes slightly.  Hence it must be that Webber.  That
>>> > is why I am rebuilding them.  If anybody knows exactly
>>> > what my problem is, Please tell me, or any other tests
>>> > I could of missed
>>> > Cheers NAT
>>> >
>>> > __________________________________________________
>>> > Do You Yahoo!?
>>> > Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf!  It's FREE.
>>> > http://im.yahoo.com/
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>_____________________________________________________________
>Get Your free Ozdat Email Account
>---> http://www.ozdat.com
>
>

_____________________________________________________________
Get Your free Ozdat Email Account
---> http://www.ozdat.com



--membersozdat-------------------------------------------------------
OZDAT Mailing List   Please Note:-
Send (un)subscribe requests to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send  submissions to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
No unauthorised redistribution of this email
http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/index.htm
http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/listindex.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to